Belgian 1207/1307 directory service even more accessible
The 1207/1307 directory assistance service is renewing its websites and becoming accessible via Android and iPhone applications and via mobile websites. Launched for the first time in November 2001, the www.1307.be and www1207.be websites are receiving a thorough facelift. The aim is to offer Internet users a more user-friendly visual layout and additional search facilities through geographic filters. Searching by activity is now also possible in Belgium's most complete and reliable database. These facilities will enable users to find what they are looking for more quickly thanks to a more intuitive and accurate search engine.
But that's not all that's new. The 1207/1307 service, attentive to the needs of its users and to market developments, is plunging into the mobile Internet world. The Android and iPhone versions have been available for a few days now. The applications can be downloaded from Android Market and iTunes Store respectively. Finally, a mobile website version for all mobile users will complement the iPhone and Android versions. More information on http://mobinfo.1307.be or http://mobinfo.1207.be
Finding private persons, professionals and companies has never been simpler on the 1307 mobile applications:
- Thanks to geolocalization, local searches can be made very quickly, even in a single click, with the help of the 20 categories proposed.
- The cartography and navigation guide the user to the destination.
- The Mailbox function, unique in Belgium, makes it possible to leave a message to people whose mobile phone number is unlisted. This is done via a simplified call to 1307.
- The user can save the results of his searches but also share them by e-mail and on the social networks of Facebook and Twitter.
- If necessary, a simple click puts the user into contact with one of the operators of the 1307 service who will be happy to help him.
- A small high-tech touch with "Augmented Reality", where the search results are superimposed on the real environment as viewed through your smartphone's camera.
The emergence of the web and mobile web concepts aim to deliver the most comprehensive and reliable directory assistance service which is in tune with the evolution in tools and the demands of those using the service.
The 1207/1307 logo has also received a new look. The logo's central element - the smiling face of the operator - of course remains, affirming the human side to 1207/1307. But a closer look shows that the operator's headset and microphone have disappeared. This change aims to highlight the fact that the 420 employees of the 1207/1307 service can serve their customers via channels other than just the telephone. Moreover, the typeface of the figures has been adapted a little to take on a more digital form. Last but not least, the addition of the suffix .be of course indicates that the 1207/130 service is present on the fixed and mobile Internet platforms.