EADP & EASDP was the Voice of the Directory and Database Publishing Sector
Founded in 1966, the European Association of Directory Publishers (EADP), which later became the EASDP, owed its existence to the aspirations of European publishers who anticipated the importance of intra-European contact and co-operation. Meanwhile, it has become the nerve centre for year-round contact and the key representative for the industry. It is the only international association in Europe to speak for the sector as a whole.
The EADP had some 180 members in 36 countries world-wide, including member companies based in the 27 EU member states but also in the candidate countries : publishers, suppliers of products and services for the publishing industry and 5 national associations representing 340 directory publishers.
EADP Past: Activities and Membership Advantages
Devoted to the promotion of the directory and database publishing industry the EADP includes in its activities:
- Publishing an up-to-date directory (print and Internet) with worldwide circulation listing its members and their products.
- Editing a newsletter
- Organizing an annual congress and a separate annual conference
- Monitoring EU activities of relevance to the sector
- Arranging benchmarking studies
- Compiling an annual statistical report
- Making awards for quality and excellence in directory publishing
Past Logo & Media Images